But efforts were stymied when reports began to surface that Mark Burnett, the producer behind the show who is reportedly a friend of Trump's, began to threaten associates of the show not to release the footage.
Referring to comments made by Bill Pruitt, a former producer on "The Apprentice", who tweeted Saturday that Trump had been caught on camera saying "far worse" than offensive comments he made about women she tweeted: "I don't have the tapes". Nee claimed in another tweet that the contractual penalty for leaking footage was $5 million. On Sunday, another veteran TV producer, Chris Nee - a Clinton supporter who did not work on The Apprentice - tweeted that according to producers and crew members she has spoken with, those tapes include Trump using the N-word.
The answers remain muddy, despite rumors swirling about Mr. Trump's behavior on the "Apprentice" set.
The Apprentice's former executive producer Mark Burnett wrote a special clause in the contracts of all involved with the show warning them of the fine should they ever leak footage. "Despite reports to the contrary, Mark Burnett does not have the ability nor the right to release footage or other material from The Apprentice", he said in a statement emailed to USA TODAY. "If a $5 million "leak fee" is what stands between truth and total Trump implosion, sign me up", said David Brock, the founder of American Bridge, in an email to BuzzFeed News.
Lauper, who confirmed that Trump had disparaged a country music singer's physical appearance during an unaired portion of the show, recalled that when Trump began flirting with politics, he positioned himself as opposed to marriage equality. But he says he can't release any tapes, if they exist, because he doesn't control them.
Trump suggests immigrants allowed in illegally to vote
Republican strategist Ron Bonjean said "this feels like it is quickly becoming a political "game over" for Trump . The five who were convicted received a $41 million settlement from New York State in 2014.
Donald Trump, actress Arianne Zucker, and host Billy Bush in the 2005 tape.
"Hearing from producers and crew the "N word" is the "much worse"," she said.
"I assume you're gonna leave this off, don't put this sh*t on the show, you know". Donald went on to say, " Grab them by the p***y!
On Monday, October 3, The Associated Press released the findings of a new investigation into claims that Trump, 70, made lewd and sexist comments about female contestants during his time as host of the reality competition series.
On Twitter, people were calling on billionaire Clinton backers, including Warren Buffett and businessman Mark Cuban - Trump's nemesis - to offer to pay the legal fees.