LinkedIn will combine algorithms and human editors to make your feed content more relevant based on people and publishers you're most interested about.
The new LinkedIn desktop site design features seven core areas on the bar navigation: Home, Messaging, Jobs, Notifications, Me, My Network and Search. You now have to click on the "more" icon on the navigation bar to launch LinkedIn Learning and other services. It's largely inspired by the company's mobile apps, with a cleaner, modern design (as opposed to something that looked like it belonged back in 2006).
In December last year, to the dismay of some users, LinkedIn quietly axed a number of features that were given to the Premium (paid) subscription tier, including a number of search parameters (among them: years of experience, function, seniority level, and when a user joined) and the ability to search in Groups.
Why You Should Wait for the Next MacBook Pros
According to him, the 12-inch MacBook computer would be the first to benefit from this processor that was introduced at CES 2017. Furthermore, the 13-inch and 15-inch MacBook Pros will start production in early Q3 with Kaby Lake processors.
LinkedIn has not limited the new design only to personal profiles. LinkedIn said the new desktop version will be rolling out globally over the next few weeks. LinkedIn is giving users more control over content they see, for example, adding options to unfollow or hide a post. LinkedIn has also added new conversation prompts on desktop.
About 60 percent of LinkedIn's traffic from its 467 million members comes from a mobile device, while the remaining 40 percent comes via desktop computers as users scour for possible jobs, make connections or search for news. As with the mobile app, it's much easier for users to see where to post content and to spot who's looking at their profiles and what companies they're from. Suggestions to "Say Happy Birthday", "Say Congrats" and "View Jobs" are now also more prominent. In November previous year, Facebook introduced features similar to the key features of LinkedIn like Job Listing.
Messaging on LinkedIn used to be a lot more like sending formal email messages, but the company has been moving away from that model and towards a more Facebook-esque instant messenger setup that focuses on letting users quickly connect with short missives. Collectively, these changes will help LinkedIn innovate faster, especially now that it's a fully owned subsidiary of Microsoft, and put a greater emphasis on helping its users be more productive and invested in their careers, according to the company.